Runners Reveal they are Clueless about Overtraining
In the words of professional runners, including both the interviewee and interviewers:
- "I always feel horrible."
- Ocasionally they have a good workout when they feel strong and most workouts suck.
- Chronically injured and not curing it naturally or preventing it.
- A "rest day" is a 6 mile run.
- "I'm a mileage whore," one of the guys interviewing her said.
I talked to a runner who recently graduated from Michigan State University where he was on the track team. He said on his own he runs only every other day and feels much better. He said he wished he had always trained that way.
Listen to this interview with a professional runner and how they all talk about their complaints with no clue how to define and measure overtraining. I qued it to 39:00 where some of the most relevant comments are.
She's a national champion so everyone is making the same mistakes.
See my page A New Running Theory.